How to do more, fatigue less. Emacs pomidor

Introduction


With age, my ability becomes higher. Now I can't sit for 6 hours without getting up: back, neck, eyes — all this will sooner or later begin to hurt.


Now this problem is particularly acute because our the game have already been launched in early access, and you need the headlong rush to release.


what's the problem?


I tried different methods of improving performance. And almost all of them either do not work or work on them more than 2-3 days does not work. As a result, my health chart looks like this:


image


For uptime (several days), the rollback period, when most of the time it turns out only to procrastinate.


And everything would be fine, if every year, with each additional factor, accountability, uptime is not decreased, and the rollback period are not increased.


Solution


In the end, I think I found the right one for me technique — tomato equipment. It is designed to balance these periods, thus making more and getting tired less.


essentially it is easy to dope. Take a kitchen timer, set up to 25 minutes and work, trying anything not to get distracted. Yes, even on this cherished icon flashing incoming message (better to just close everything that can be flashing or beeping). This gives us the baseline performance.


after a 25-minute period, start the timer for 5 minutes and rest. Preferably not at the monitor. It is desirable doing exercises for the eyes and neck. This should help us less tired.


Repeat this cycle several times, sometimes increasing the break to 10-15 minutes.


While in the 25 minute range, easier to control bouts of procrastination. And moments of relaxation help to look at the current problem from a different angle. Often it helps not to spend a lot of time on obviously dead-end solution. Everyone struggled with the problem for a few hours in the evening and in the morning it is like magic itself was solved in 15 minutes, than ease.


Emacs to the rescue


And so, with a technique determined. And as I am a user of Emacs OS, the first thing I went looking for something that will help me to use the technique of tomato in my favorite editor. Everything I found and tried, in one way or another did not meet my requirements.


Attempt to modify the timer that was closest to what I need have been unsuccessful. First, the project seems abandoned, and secondly, to add needed features failed. That logically led me to the idea to write a timer.


Meet us: pomidor.


image


it's very simple: start the timer, it immediately starts to count time. After 25 minutes, begins processing. At the time of concentration at work, I don't want to hear the alarm and automatically start with the rest of me is also not necessary. Therefore, in the period of processing time per minute, sounds easy click, and also shows the notification in the tray. Of course, everything can be customized or completely disabled.


When I decided to relax and hit the space bar, in fact, rest. Horse timer, which is displayed above, is intended to help you understand that it is time to get back to work. And horse it is because we are in a moment of relaxation exercising at the other end of the room, not staring at Boobsseals. Again press the space bar and start a new cycle.


that's all I wanted to share.


Follow us on github, put the stars.

TL;DR


Use pomidor for tomato equipment that will help us to do more and less tired.

Article based on information from habrahabr.ru

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

Car navigation in detail

PostgreSQL: Analytics for DBA

Google has launched an online training course advanced search