The story is about trying to be startups or give the project to Open Source

summary


In order not to waste time dear readers, in the first paragraph briefly tell what you'll find under abrogator.
For a long time I worked on site planning, organization and sharing'the event. The project began as homemade crafts in my spare time for my own pleasure and practice of new technologies.



Later, two of my friends have expressed a desire to join, and we started thinking about how from this home crafts for myself to do something useful to others and bringing money. From the article's title is quite clear, what we came up with — spent money, time and nerves on unfamiliar tasks, like finding investors, planning a budget and things start crap and nothing fit in the end did not come.

Realizing that the startup world, so vividly described by all and Sundry, not suitable at all for personal reasons, we're done torturing themselves and their loved ones and abandoned the project. From time to time I return to it, as before, to try new techniques or just relax from monotonous everyday life, where the rule of the concept of good Design is so loved me Boom-Cherax-in-Production.

And I realized that it's time to open the sandbox. A little bit about the technology:
the
    the
  • Node.js
  • the
  • Express.js
  • the
  • Mongo DB
  • the
  • Gulp.js
  • the
  • Angular.js
  • the
  • Go-lang that implements the service images


Open the repository at GitHub. Name — Eventorio.
Open the code for everyone who is interested. The project is absolutely classic, users, events, search for text. You can watch on crutches and showing others how to do, you can see interesting solutions and to take them to the project. You can write something for Eventorio, you can forkate... yet another failed project.



the

Start


More than a year ago, I worked in the laboratory of my University. Thanks to my colleagues I realized that I love web development, I do not see anything wrong with the JavaScript on the server, and indeed the language I was pleasant impressed. Wrote before in Java, Scala, Python, a little C++, but after development Node.js decided for myself that apart from him I don't want anything on the server for the REST api. Don't get me wrong, every task its tool, and for development tasks REST api regular social. network site for a startup or something similar for myself, I choose Node.

Since the technology, which was developed in this lab, I knew bad, decided to invent a small project which will hone your skills. The idea of the website for organizing events, selling tickets and all sorts of other Goodies. As the project is not going to get into a big audience, I described it as a "must do what Eventbrite, Facebook Events and any services in business events." Sat, sawed, puffed, taught Angular and learned the pros cons of MongoDB NoSQL with her and all the pitfalls.

After several months of such home development a couple of my friends suggested me to make this velosipedisty start-up, fortunately it is now fashionable, youth, and all. I doubted for some time in this venture, because I didn't feel the strength and spirit of startupscreen, but decided to accept, as the University began a course on startups. So we started to walk to the lecture by Edward Can (Edouard Bugnion) and to turn a homegrown project in the right startup.

the

Startup


It was a very interesting subject. We built the business model, thinking on Finance, looking for investors, went to venture kick, and in General doing everything that makes the young unemployed. Gave presentations, talked to friends, had been advertised through word of mouth, because money for marketing was not... it Was interesting.

After three months of running I realized I didn't want to do it. Finding investors, presentations, the numbers in the financial plan that are based on nothing... I really felt bad and was mentally exhausted. Thank God, habré, victims and megamind enough articles on "Why you should not do a startup", which helped me not to overreact because of his failure. In the end, all developments on startup was given to my friends who kind of like to continue this (and I hope they succeed!). And I went back to my normal quiet life, periodically returning to Eventorio for their own pleasure.
the

Conclusion


After those three months, the project is not particularly moved. Was added part of the functionality on the Go for processing images, tags, small fixes... specific purpose more, this development did not, I just wrote code, when it was the desire and time, not even thinking about the future of this project. And now I have decided that these achievements may be of interest to anybody, post the entire code as it is on GitHub. I understand that my actions very confident that these projects and stories a huge amount, and all programmers have a pair of neglected works, but I'd really love to someone this code useful.

Well, if not, then so lies, as hundreds of thousands of open source projects on GitHub, useless and inoperative.

PS the Site now turns on DigitalOcean with minimal configurations, so it can fall from gebrettert.
Article based on information from habrahabr.ru

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

Car navigation in detail

PostgreSQL: Analytics for DBA

Google has launched an online training course advanced search